Lethargy is not a word we hear everyday here where I live but I think its time that we start using it since more people are showing symptoms.
So lethargy ( Aka fatigue) is where you are feeling weak, light-headed, constantly tired and weary, familiar? .
Now feeling all this can be fine, but the problem is that more and more people are feeling this way at times where they should be most active, like in the morning at work or while driving etc.
Now did you ever stop and think why am I constantly tired? Have you tried something different? The solution to feeling lethargic could be easily treated or at least reduced drastically but we usually don’t pay attention to it and keep living our lives filled with lethargy and it’s no fun seeing your life pass right before you while you yawn all day.
So let’s take a look at why we could be feeling lethargic, maybe we didn’t sleep well the night before (which has been going on for months/years) or maybe we haven’t been eating right, or maybe even we haven’t made time to get our bodies moving (read my previous post : Just do it! ) and maybe your’e overweight and that’s taking a toll on your body, and even maybe you’re dehydrated and your body is in need of some H20 ( but you reach out for some tea/coffee instead for a quick fix and you end up causing even more damage overall ) and maybe there’s been a weather change and your immune system is just not taking it, and those are the main maybe(s) that I have for you for now.
Now, how can we make ourselves feel better, more energetic, more aware, and more present (especially at work)?. Here are a few tips of mine and I really hope that you try them out because it has worked wonders for me:
- Drink water people!! Yes, water could be playing a key factor on how you feel everyday and you are simply ignoring that by having caffeine which causes you to dehydrate and leaves you lethargic in the long run. My advice would be ditch the coffee/tea, red bulls and all those other drugs and drink a liter of water upon waking up followed by a green smoothie, a fruit smoothie or even 100% natural pasteurized juice would be a better option than caffeine. Get high on nature’s juices.
- Move a little people: A little brisk walk could make the world of difference. We are always constantly sitting. At work, at home, in the car and when we finally decide to leave the house we go to a restaurant/coffee shop. That simply cannot be good for our bodies.
- Check your diet:. Are you eating clean, eating real foods or are you constantly eating out, snaking on biscuits and potato crisps? Switch your diet to a more natural diet and instead of the biscuits aim for dates, fruit juice, raisins, dry fig, nuts, apples and bananas( or any other fruit of that matter ). You will feel better, mentally and physically and you will start to have that raw energy.
- And last, but definitely not least ,get some sleep: Early nights will really help you feel better. Sleep early, so you have the energy to wake up early and maybe prepare a smoothie for work or even go for a walk. I know in this time and age it’s really difficult for people to do that, but I really suggest you consider it and just get your ego out of the way (which probably tells you to stay up watch some tv , meet friends, you’re not 60 or 6 years old, and maybe go through Instagram/Facebook for the 50th time today). I say shut it down, shut down your phone while you’re at it, tell your friends that you’ll all meet them for early morning for a walk instead 😉 win!
I have written a lot and don’t intend to bore you, my posts are usually short and up to the point but I feel like this was a topic that had to be brought up and all the things mentioned are simply habits that we all have to instill in us for it to be don long-term . So, I propose you challenge yourselves and do like a 30 day clean up which will extremely difficult at first but will be very rewarding and worth it at the end.
Wishing you all clarity, energy, wellness and RAW POWAH!!
Hope this post was helpful, share your thoughts down below.
The power of fruits compel you, the power of fruits compel you, the power of fruits compel you…ok! just kidding, they don’t possess you 😉
Fruits! Wow, I can’t even begin to type, I’m all hyped up about it already. Well, I will obviously be posting a lot about fruit so let me start with a brief introduction to fruits.
Fruits are the super foods of nature, the candy of nature, the sugar to our veins, the apple of our eyes..can I get any more romantic!? The health benefits of fruits are endless, I will mention only a few out here..so why fruits?!
Fruits are nature’s wonderful gift to the mankind; indeed, medicines packed with vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants and many phyto-nutrients (Plant derived micronutrients). They are an absolute feast to our sight, not just because of their color and flavor but for their unique nutrition-profile that help the human body free of diseases and stay healthy!
- Fruits are low in calories and fat and are a source of simple sugars, fiber, and vitamins, which are essential for optimizing our health.
- Fruits provide plenty of soluble dietary fiber, which helps to ward of cholesterol and fats from the body and to get relief from constipation as well.
- Fruits contain many anti-oxidants such as poly-phenolic flavonoids, vitamin-C, and anthocyanins. These compounds, firstly, help human body protected from oxidant stress, diseases, and cancers, and secondly; help the body develop capacity to fight against these ailments by boosting our immunity level. Many fruits, when compared to vegetables and cereals, have very high anti-oxidant value, which is something measured by their
“Oxygen Radical Absorbent Capacity” or (ORAC).
- Anthocyanins are flavonoid category of poly-phenolic compounds found in some “blue-fruits” like blue-black grapes, mulberries, acai berry, chokeberry, blueberries, blackberries, and in many vegetables featuring blue or deep purple color. Eating fruits rich in blue pigments offers many health benefits. These compounds have potent anti-oxidant properties, remove free radicals from the body, and thus offer protection against cancers, aging, infections, etc. These pigments tend to concentrate just underneath the skin.
- Fruit’s health benefiting properties are because of their richness in vitamins, minerals, micro-nutrients, anti-oxidants, which helps the body prevent or at least prolong the natural changes of aging by protecting and rejuvenating cells, tissues and organs. Their overall benefits are manifold! Fruit nutrition benefits are infinite! You are protecting yourself from minor ailments like wrinkling of skin, hair-fall, and memory loss to major ailments like age-related macular degeneration (AMRD) of the retina in the eyes, Alzheimer’s disease, colon cancers, weak bones (osteoporosis)…etc., and the list of fruit nutrition benefits simply never ends!
Not to bore you anymore with all this stuff I googled!! Fruits have simply changed my life, my energy, my stamina and the way I look at them.
Have you ever had fruit for a meal?! and by a meal I mean a MEAL MEAL(Not one banana and 2 apples or a bunch of grapes..that is not a meal but a snack) the kind of meal that leaves you full. Not many people have experienced that, and it’s a magical experience. Have you tried a meal of 10-20 bananas, 5 papayas maybe?, 5 kilos of mangoes?. I know these numbers sound bizarre to you, but do you know since fruit are low in calories, that one meal i’m talking about maybe be less than a big mac meal?! So is a big mac bizarre!? Yes it is..Don’t go near one or any fast food meal for that matter.
The next time you don’t know what to have for lunch/breakfast/dinner…Think fruits!!
I’ll end this post with a question I’ve already asked. Have you ever had fruit for a meal?
This was taken in Istanbul, they call them Vitamin shops there! I could’t agree more.
This is how my fridge looks like
Was having watermelon as I sight see!! Stopped almost at every stall ^.^
Just do it!!
I’ve always been motivated and fascinated with the “Nike” slogan “ JUST DO IT”. so short, yet so expressive and right to the point. Just do it!!
So, my post today is about exercises and in particularly walking/running.
We usually have a lot of excuses to not exercise. The top 10 reasons people give is :
- I don’t have time
- I’m too tired
- Its not fun
- its too expensive
- Its boring
- I have a bad back/knee etc..
- its embarrassing
- Its not important
- Its too inconvenient
- I don’t feel like it
and the list goes on…
What if I told you that you don’t have to pay anything and that it wont be embarrassing, inconvenient, or time consuming?. Just go out for a walk. Yes, that’s right a 10-15 minute walk everyday. Do you have 10 mins a day? I’m sure you can walk anywhere and no matter how bad the weather, anybody can do 10-15 mins.
Just start walking, get your blood flowing, your heart pumping and your lymph moving. You will feel better about yourself, your mood will improve you will be a proud healthier person for doing it in the long run.
Just start off with walking for 10-15 mins and maybe that can evolve into a longer walk, a brisk walk, a jog maybe and maybe a nice run who knows!? Just go out and do it, this is your health we are talking about here and you need to take care of yourself and once you get into the habit of walking everyday you may consider other healthy improvements in your life, like maybe improving your diet, which of course plays a main role ( If not the main) in improving our quality of life. ( A different post on this later )
Your life quality depends on it, so how about you drop all the excuses and just go out for a walk. I promise this is good advice and your current/future body will thank you for it. Even better, tell a friend or a partner to tag along and start spreading
the healthy lifestyle. Be contagious .
To your health everybody. And remember if you ever feel like stuck, lazy or have thoughts that are pulling you back from achieving your greatness, think JUST DO IT !!
Let me know what you think.