The power of fruits compel you, the power of fruits compel you, the power of fruits compel you…ok! just kidding, they don’t possess you 😉
Fruits are nature’s wonderful gift to the mankind; indeed, medicines packed with vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants and many phyto-nutrients (Plant derived micronutrients). They are an absolute feast to our sight, not just because of their color and flavor but for their unique nutrition-profile that help the human body free of diseases and stay healthy!
- Fruits are low in calories and fat and are a source of simple sugars, fiber, and vitamins, which are essential for optimizing our health.
- Fruits provide plenty of soluble dietary fiber, which helps to ward of cholesterol and fats from the body and to get relief from constipation as well.
- Fruits contain many anti-oxidants such as poly-phenolic flavonoids, vitamin-C, and anthocyanins. These compounds, firstly, help human body protected from oxidant stress, diseases, and cancers, and secondly; help the body develop capacity to fight against these ailments by boosting our immunity level. Many fruits, when compared to vegetables and cereals, have very high anti-oxidant value, which is something measured by their
“Oxygen Radical Absorbent Capacity” or (ORAC).
- Anthocyanins are flavonoid category of poly-phenolic compounds found in some “blue-fruits” like blue-black grapes, mulberries, acai berry, chokeberry, blueberries, blackberries, and in many vegetables featuring blue or deep purple color. Eating fruits rich in blue pigments offers many health benefits. These compounds have potent anti-oxidant properties, remove free radicals from the body, and thus offer protection against cancers, aging, infections, etc. These pigments tend to concentrate just underneath the skin.
- Fruit’s health benefiting properties are because of their richness in vitamins, minerals, micro-nutrients, anti-oxidants, which helps the body prevent or at least prolong the natural changes of aging by protecting and rejuvenating cells, tissues and organs. Their overall benefits are manifold! Fruit nutrition benefits are infinite! You are protecting yourself from minor ailments like wrinkling of skin, hair-fall, and memory loss to major ailments like age-related macular degeneration (AMRD) of the retina in the eyes, Alzheimer’s disease, colon cancers, weak bones (osteoporosis)…etc., and the list of fruit nutrition benefits simply never ends!
Not to bore you anymore with all this stuff I googled!! Fruits have simply changed my life, my energy, my stamina and the way I look at them.
Have you ever had fruit for a meal?! and by a meal I mean a MEAL MEAL(Not one banana and 2 apples or a bunch of grapes..that is not a meal but a snack) the kind of meal that leaves you full. Not many people have experienced that, and it’s a magical experience. Have you tried a meal of 10-20 bananas, 5 papayas maybe?, 5 kilos of mangoes?. I know these numbers sound bizarre to you, but do you know since fruit are low in calories, that one meal i’m talking about maybe be less than a big mac meal?! So is a big mac bizarre!? Yes it is..Don’t go near one or any fast food meal for that matter.
The next time you don’t know what to have for lunch/breakfast/dinner…Think fruits!!
I’ll end this post with a question I’ve already asked. Have you ever had fruit for a meal?