Around a week or two ago I asked my students to prepare a presentation on anything they’d like to talk about and about something they could talk freely about without having to read all the slides and bore us to death. So one of the topics that I really enjoyed and thought would be interesting to share with all of you is a topic that can be a great reminder to all of us and that is
So what is self confidence?!
Self confidence is a belief n one’s self and that you can accomplish what ever we set our minds. We usually forget that as the days go by and we live the same boring life. So I hope this serves as a good reminder to you all. So how to achieve self confidence? Well, here are a few tips that my students presented us in class :
- Love and accept your self :We should always love ourselves for what we have done and celebrate the little victories that we have accomplished in life, whether it was learning how to boil an egg, running a marathon or starting up a new company. Celebrate who you are and love your self, but I always say don’t get too comfortable being where you are, loving ourselves is one thing but letting ourselves go is another. There’s always room for improvement.
- Get rid of negativity : Enough of the “oh! I can’t do this, it’s too hard, I’m not good enough bla bla bla excuses. Get in some carbs/sugar into your system and live life at its fullest
- Adapt a more positive mindset: Always be positive and optimistic towards what ever hits you in life. Remember it’s not what happens to you in life but how you deal with what happens to you .
- Live in the present moment: Try living and focusing in the now every once in a while, be grateful for everything you have versus the things you don’t have.
- Get good at something: getting good at something you love is sure to raise you self-esteem and make you a more confident person in that specific field. How about get a bike?! 😉 or start running maybe?!
- Be thankful for what you have : Be grateful for the little things you have in life
- Fake it: You’ve heard the say “Fake it till you make it”, or “fake it till you become it” and that’s means pretend to be that role model you look up to or that person you want to become until you eventually become that person by default! Not so bad ha!
- Put care into your appearance: Dress to impress, we can do always a little better in how we look and that improves getting in shape and not only wearing better clothes ( which does play a role in feel more confident too ). Hit the gym, hit the pool or go out for a walk and start building the new and improved you! 😉