Don’t you just love that smile? 🙂
Gustavo Fring was the respected proprietor of Los Pollos Hermanos, a highly successful fried chicken restaurant chain. He is an infamous character in Breaking Bad who ran the biggest meth super lab in the American southwest and died a brutal but great visual effects death.
Now why would anyone in their right minds want to be like our Chicken man Gus here!?
Let me tell you why…
- Gus is a hard worker. Gus started from nothing, he came from humble beginnings and worked his way into the meth business, first being a successful entrepreneur with his fried chicken chain. Gus had to hustle and work very hard to make it where he got. Be a hard working person, with no excuses. Be like Gus.
- Gus was is in it for the long term. Gus doesn’t think easy money NOW. That’s whats mainly wrong with a lot of mentalities today. Everyone wants to get rich NOW. Gus later immigrated to the United States and set up his network there with more Los Pollos Hermanos locations ( His fried chicken chain) . He also established a chemistry scholarship at the University of New Mexico in Max’s name ( His best friend who died a brutal death). Gus had to go through years of extensive research, long and careful planning to reach his goal. And he did it. Think long term, plan, strategise and execute. Be in it for the long run. Think 5-10 years. THINK. Be like Gus.
- He is a very careful man. Sure he ended up being a dead two face because of a few decisions he made. But it took him years and years, and if he used all of his amazing skills that he has acquired over the year and put it into something else who would have made it big as well. Or maybe got out sooner, who knows. But Gus was a meticulous planner and was well versed and always had his guard up. Be careful, be prepared. YOLO right!?
- He did everybody favours. No one knew how effective, important and vital community was as much as Gus did. He emerged himself into the community and was very generous with the DEA. He was also in the board of a hospital, and ran many other small businesses that provided many jobs for the locals. He knew how it important it was to have it good with the community and that’s how he hid in plain sight. By giving, by helping and by being generous. Give more to the community, do favours for others. The power of community is priceless. You never know when someone can have your back when you most need it.
- Gus takes huge risks. And the returns were mostly MASSIVE. Gus took a huge risking when employing Walter and Jesse to work with him, but in return he got back millions more, managed to kill off all of the heads of the Cartel and well….it killed him in the end. But it started off great.
While I write about Gus, I think about the discipline, the careful planning and his work ethic that he had to go through to be a Meth king. We can learn and use his traits to better ourselves, start doing more good ( to the community I mean ) and be the good that Gustavo could have been if he weren’t in the meth business.
RIP Gustavo Fring
It has been rumoured that he may be making an appearance in “Better call Saul” season 3. We may be seeing even more of the great Gustavo after all.
I end this with a quote from Gus: “Never make the same mistake twice ” .