Today it ends.
My 30 day streak. I’ve been posting daily videos on Youtube since January 1st.
I think this is possibly the first time I have successfully completed a streak. It was no walk in the park. But it was done.
I’m kinda proud of myself, and I’m usually very careful about things I should be proud of. Like my race, country, nationality, status etc.
But this I can say I did it. I actually put in the work and made it happen.
The writing streak is still going on. I don’t see any plans of this stopping. Nor should it. I don’t have to color grade it, find/buy music for it, edit, post, write a title and write some info in the description box.
I just write and do a quick edit and it’s live. What a magical time we live in.
With a click of a button, my post is available to millions of people around the globe.
I don’t think we understand the depth of this. But why should we, since there’s so much content out there that this is basically getting buried deep.
Here’s a quick self test. If you really wanna know if you love something, do a 30 day streak. Not only does it test your passion but also tests your discipline, work ethic and your willingness to do what’s necessary.
Goodnight, good morning and goodbye for now.
Here’s today’s final video
I’d rather die is a common phrase that’s thrown around loosely.
Would you really rather die?
Death is one of my favourite topics. I could go on and on about it. Most people don’t want to die, even good people who believe in heaven have a hard time giving up to death.
Now, let’s pretend you were given a choice. Death or your alternative. The alternative being ” I’d rather die than…. ”
I really want to know what would make you take your life ( or have life taken from you if that brings you comfort ). Would being with a certain somebody, eating a certain food or being put in a certain situation.
Take a second and think about actual death. No more world. No more life. No more you.
Heck if you take your life some may even consider you a hero or some brave warrior.
Now after you’ve taken a few minutes to think about your departing, would you still do what you preferred death do.
I think with a bloody smirk on too.
I titled this part 1 because I may have other ideas later on.
But here’s 5 things you should do right now!!!!
- Write. When was the last time you wrote. Stop reading this bulls*** blog and go write something down. Type it for goodness sake I don’t care.
- Pray. For those who don’t, take one second and look around the life you don’t deserve. Just say ” thank you God “. Just do it. Say it. Don’t be all high and mighty. Eat, pray, love remember?
- Eat a fruit. Just make sure it’s ripe or else suffer mouth sores and other weird stuff that may happen to you while you blame GMO’s and how your body doesn’t digest fruit too well. Ha
- Do jumping jacks. DO twenty! Or more if you can
- Put your phone down and do nothing. Silence. reflect. Think. Enough consuming for 6 seconds.
Choice choice choice
So many choices, so many options, so many varieties, so many variations, so many opportunities, so many people, so many….
What a life of abundance.
If there’s anything that has ruined mine and many more peoples lives is the notion of choice. Anyone who’s lost in some kind of mid life crisis is due to all of the choices surrounding them.
I’m beginning to loathe too much choice. At restaurants, movies, book, it’s an epidemic.
To be continued….
If I don’t write today here it means that I didn’t commit.
Here’s what I do then I write. I usually complicate things in my own head. It’s a complicated world you see.
Black, whites and shades of grey everywhere.
Not too colorful but pretty enough to survive. There’s no survival guide though.
You just make one along as you go.
Just keep writing it until you’re being buried.
So , to I complicate things I decided to just write .
No strings attached. No expectations. Just write.
And write I did
Eat: because without food we are incapable. Because without food there’s no energy. Because without food we are inhuman
Pray: because you have food. Because you have energy. Because all of this can’t just be. There’s a higher purpose. There must be, Look around. It’s Godly
Love: because you can. Because you are here out of love. Because you were created through the act love, came out of a womb filled with love, put together with love. The world thrives with Love.
Eat. Pray. Love
Energy, purpose, living together
It has pretty much become a habit for me to race without training. After attempting and finishing Iroman 70.3 with one month training. I feel like I can conquer any smaller race with no training as well.
Here are my tips on how I finish the races in one piece.
- Always active, always working out as much as I can: I don’t have to do crazy or specific workout just as long as I’m working out consistently through out the year. That’s pretty much how I do it.
- Proper nutrition: Always eating a healthy diet. I eat a very clean diet throughout the year and that keeps my body in check.
- Sleep: I wish I could say I slept enough. But I’d do much better if I did.
Race day tips:
- On race day I always make sure to start the race off super easy
- I don’t sweat it: I show up super confidently without race nerves. I come early, put up a smile, line up with everyone who trained their asses off and take it one step at a time.
- I don’t push it until the very very end. Since I haven’t trained specifically for the race, I know I’m not going to pulling any crazy stunts or even think about Personal bests. I have to be realistic, grounded and ensure I finish injury free above all. Always pacing myself very carefully and listening to my body.
- I foam roll the day before and morning as much as I can to keep my muscles all nice and loose
- Have loads of fun. High five everyone, smile and be good to the volunteers. That kind of Karma will get you through any race in one piece 🙂
I’ll get down to brass tax with this post.
- Too easy: It’s too easy to stop whatever you want to accomplish in this short lived word and stick to something conventional. It’s too easy to just stop whatever adversities it is you are facing and just say ” ……………………. “. It’s a non stop excuse fest. I honestly think that excuses are one of the easiest things on this blue planet. Not the easiest of course. I mean there are some pretty good ones out there.
- Too hard: We give up because it’s hard, because It’s painful and the path you have to walk to make it to wherever you want is so damn hard. It’s hard man. It is, and I feel you. So we give up. Ahhh, better. Here’s the excuse….
- No long term vision: When we wake up to a no vision life, it’s pretty dull. It’s pale, colorless and it reminds me a little of London. But I love London though. You gotta have something large to wake up too. Something when everything inside and outside of you is telling you to stop and layover , the mere thought of that vision makes you smash all of these insecurities to tiny bits and pieces.
- Thinking small: You’re simply thinking of paying the next rent or getting that new smart phone. Yeah, I’d definitely lay over and hit the snooze.
- Lazy: Chances are you’re pretty darn lazy. Maybe a little spoilt too. Or just lazy. That’s a thing you know.
- Thin skin: You get up in flames when you’re family members comment on your hair. So, the idea of you putting yourself out there in the road less travelled is something you’d definitely not do since Mommy and Daddy are going to criticise you. Imagine a complete stranger, good jolly.
- Zero discipline: Chances are you also never had a structured life. You just went where the wind blew you, cause chakras. So, the idea of you working a little bit more than your brain can take is a little intimidating. Or the idea of you waking up at the a** crack of dawn is like being punished in grade school, when you had to face the wall while all of the students looked at your tiny tush. Being disciplined and getting it done day in and day out is not one of your standards. How dare life?
- Not willing to go backwards: You love your phone, tv shows, and lifestyle. So the idea of you not being able to binge watching Jessica James is disheartening. So you giving up your fancy schmancy lifestyle to do the recommended work, to stop going out, to sell the watch you can’t afford and to live the life you despise in the short terms for long term gainzzz is just beyond belief. As you read this, take a look around at everything you don’t need and most importantly everything that is distracting you.
- Impatient: You want it and you want it now because mommy and daddy thought not giving you the things you want would turn you into a crushed soul. So, if it’s not now then it’s definitely never.
- Bad surroundings: You are surrounded by sore losers, experts of everything without ever doing a thing, nay sayers and CEO’s at excuses/blaming Inc. Good luck at excelling at anything without the experts tell you why should roll over.
We get served the same meals, same ingredients, and same portion.
Everything’s the same. But I find it saltier. My friend thinks it needs more salt.
I was listening to Gordon Ramsey and how he grow up dirt poor eating baked beans and eggs. That’s the same Chef telling people their soup is dry.
How did he develop such a pallet and why is he able to tell what tastes good and what doesn’t?
From baked beans to master chef 👨🏼🍳
long story short. He changed the way he ate. He got wealthier, got access to high quality foods and now looks down upon every other chef.
Good on him.
I started changing the way I eat around 7-8 years ago. Less salt, oil, fat and animals. Since then my pallet has changed tremendously. I no longer need excess salt, oil, sugar and fat to feel the flavors of the delicious food. I can now taste how an apple the way its suppose to taste. How strawberries, asparagus and mangoes truly taste like.
I’m not a 100% there yet but my pallet has come a long way. How’s your pallet like?
After being a father, I’ve realised that crying is a form of communication and not just expression. Actually it all began after I became a husband then a father.
I look at my kids cry and try to figure it out. Mostly, it’s because they can’t speak yet. So the only way to actually express is through crying because it’s frustrating not to be able to convey the message that it makes them cry.
But different cries mean different things. Usually my youngest, Sam needs a good dose of crying before he doses off. It’s a form of a workout, it takes a lot of him. So he just has to express his stubbornness through tears until he realises he’s wrong and I’m right. It’s like we’re talking. I wish I could say it’s beautiful but it’s not. It’s frustrating.
Tears don’t make me comfortable. Neither adult ones or baby ones.
Now the interesting thing about crying is that it doesn’t just make your face wet, or your non-waterproof mascara become a form of combatant face paint. It in fact has a whole host of other effects; your heart rate increases, you sweat, your breathing slows and you can get a lump in your throat – known as the globus sensation. This all occurs as a result of your sympathetic nervous system (that’s your ‘fight or flight’ system) activating in response to your break-up situation – and any psychic tear-producing one for that matter.
Tears are scientifically proven to make you feel better. I hope science helps me with that cry more often too.